• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

AAFL Thoughts.

skanless13

We come in peace
Curious about your first impressiona of the AAFL.
I was pleasantly surprised by the product and the presentation. Far superior to what I remember of the XFL. Really like that there weren't flags on every other play. The football wasn't too bad.
Only thing I don't like is the no kickoffs... really hope the NFL doesn't adopt that as I think kickoffs are really exciting and starting with the ball at the 25 each time is lame.

Watching Arizona game now. I noticed was less flags on punting for one...
XFL wasn't great, but a few games I remember really getting into.
The WR's And TE's have either been outstanding tonight or subpar.
I'm gonna watch again next weekend. I love football, so I'll watch like I did the XFL.

I liked what i saw. Minimal commercials and penalties is really refreshing. Honestly think it could catch on and become pretty popular

It's good for February. I think once March Madness begins it'll be tough to stay interested. I hope I'm wrong because I love football. The championship game is late April which takes us to the NFL Draft and just a few months until training camp.
The 1 thing I'd like to see the networks do is spice up the music. The NFL and college football music FOX, CBS and ESPN has gives us great choreograph.

Last edited:
If they are somewhat successful, let's see how it works when the NFL gets involved more. Make no mistake they want to as they are already partners. I'm sure they have every intention of ruining the XFL if they can. So if it works out this year then next year as the XFL starts the NFL will back this league to crush X.

I watched the Birmingham game and it was pretty brutal. I could only watch the first half. The NFL was more exciting this past year besides the SB but let's be honest, how much of it would anyone watch if they aren't betting on game or have a fantasy football interest? Neither seem likely to take off with these minor leagues. Hole the AAF turns into a minor league system for NFL with affiliated teams. That would add more interest.

Reactions: KJ
It's good for February. I think once March Madness begins it'll be tough to stay interested. I hope I'm wrong because I love football. The championship game is late April which takes us to the NFL Draft and just a few months until training camp.
The 1 thing I'd like to see the networks do is spice up the music. The NFL and college football music FOX, CBS and ESPN has gives us great choreograph.

March Madness or this? Yikes lol

It's what it is, we have a local team and I guess they're favored to win it at this point? Didn't watch the other night and won't make much effort to but if it's on somewhere or I get tickets I might go check it out. If they win a "ship" guess I'd treat it like an arena bowl championship which means good for them.

I hope it's a constructive means for players to get a chance to go to the NFL. No bells, no whistles, built to sustain without tons of revenue like the G-League to the NBA. Maybe at some point they can discuss bypassing college to do this, or do this after a year like a Fournette or a Lawrence for instance. Sounds good to me. It should slaughter the XFL into a camel clutch submission

Back