• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Pebble Beach...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Annual post Super Bowl Week tradition.

3 courses as always.

Long rounds.

Storms ripped through there Sunday morning with 78mph winds but no major damage (lost a tree on 17).

A fun tournament always with great views.

Ted Potter Jr won last year by 3 strokes over FIGJAM, DJ, J-Day and Reavie at -17.

Phil 4 all-time wins

Sneds 2 all-time wins

DJ 2 all-time wins

Other recent winners:

Vaughan Taylor
Spieth
Jimmy Walker

Field this week includes:

18 top 50 players

-Phil
-DJ
-Day
-Spieth
-Reed
-Finau
-Fleetwood
-Kuch
-Scott
-Cantlay
-Casey
-Sneds
-Kisner

--------------------------

Euro tour in Australia. There are not many big names at all.

really NO "name" PGA or Euro Tour players in this one. mostly a bunch of Aussies and Asian/Japanese tour players. favorites Jason Scrivener 12-1, Ryan Fox 14-1, Lucas Herbert 16-1 and the Thai Jazz Janewattanaond 20-1 with South African Justin Harding and Englishman Aaron Rai 25-1. Westgate had very limited line for this one with NO players listed more than 60-1 and the FIELD at even. just NOT worth fooling with :(

really NO "name" PGA or Euro Tour players in this one. mostly a bunch of Aussies and Asian/Japanese tour players. favorites Jason Scrivener 12-1, Ryan Fox 14-1, Lucas Herbert 16-1 and the Thai Jazz Janewattanaond 20-1 with South African Justin Harding and Englishman Aaron Rai 25-1. Westgate had very limited line for this one with NO players listed more than 60-1 and the FIELD at even. just NOT worth fooling with :(
Very interesting.

looks like the Pebble Beach weather imported from Scotland

Monterey, California weekend weather forecast @ Weather.com
Thursday: partly cloudy high 54 low 45 wind 7 mph
Friday: rain 100% chance high 54 low 47 wind 14 mph
Saturday: mostly sunny high 55 low 46 wind 12 mph
Sunday: rain 80% highn 52 low 44 win 12 mph
AccuWeather calls for just an ocassional rain shower Saturday and just mostly cloudy Sunday.

last season
winner: Ted Potter, Jr [-17]
tied 2nd: Phil Mickelson, Chez Reavie, Jason Day & Dustin Johnson [-14]
solo 6th: Kevin Streelman[-13]
solo 7th: Scott Stallings [-12]

"to win" favorites: Dustin Johnson 5-1. Jason Day 9-1. Tommy Fleetwood , Tony Finau & Jordan Spieth 20-1. Matt Kuchar 22-1. note: IF DJ plays like he did last week in Saudi Arabia, he will WIN

my high odds "cats & dogs" (bet/return)
Taylor Gooch 100-1 (5/505) T-3rd Farmers [-16] solo 4th Desert Classic [-24]
Corey Conners 125-1 (4/504) T-3rd Sony [-17]
Chris Stroud 150-1 (3.50/528.50) T-7th Phoenix [-11]
Joel Dahmen 150-1 (3.50/528.50) T-9th Farmers [-12]
Dominic Bozzelli 150-1 (3.50/528.50) solo 5th Desert Classic [-22]
Adam Long 250-1 (2/502) WIN Desert Classic [-26]

tourney match play bets (bet/return)
Branden Grace +120 over Adam Scott (50/110)
Matt Kuchar +125 over Tony Finau (40/90)
Chez Reavie +125 over Jordan Spieth (40/90)
Tommy Fleetwood +165 over Jason Day (31/82.15)

Last edited:
also just one tourney match at the Handa Vic Open in Australia
Jazz Janewattananon +110 over Lucas Herbert (50/105)
"Jazz Jane": WIN Singapore Open [-18] solo 2nd Indonesian Masters.[-17] but a CUT Hong Kong. Herbert: T-7th his last @ DDC [-15] but a CUT Australian PGA

kind of weird Golf Channel coverage of BOTH the Handa Vic Open AND the Ladies Handa Vic Open BOTH at the 13th Beach Golf Beach Course and Creek Course in Victoria. Australia 8:00pm thru 2:00am pacific time

well looks like I was overly optimistic about "Jazz Jane's" chances this week. opening [-4] vs Herbert's [-7] 3 down after 1st round :(

OWGR #979 Aussie Nick Flanagan the 1st round leader with a 2 eagle, 8 birdie 2 bogie [-10] two up on five others including my boy "Hello Kitty" Mauritius Open winner Kurt Kitayama and Englishman Callum Shinkwin tied 2nd [-8] then Aussies Lucas Herbert and Wade Ormsby tied 7th [-7]. I almost bet "Hello Kitty" @ 50-1 BUT he really has done NOTHING since that early season win :confused:

Well, I played these around 23 hours ago fwiw.

I knew there were a lot of different WD's but never saw Cantlay.

The thing is, he was still on the board at midnight or so when I looked to see if prices had changed.

Okay, lets go Gooch and Tony... both 3 under so far...

Tony playing Pebble today, so that is good if he can get in with something in the 60's there.

I remember when Spyglass was the tough course but doesn't seem much like the case last few years

well after the 1st round it looks like "Cocker Tommy" Fleetwood left HIS game in Arabia. probably would NOT make any difference the way Jason Day is playing :(

after 1st round:
Branden Grace +120 [-5] over Adam Scott [-1] 4 up
Matt Kuchar +125 [-4] over Tony Finau [-3] 1 up
Chez Reavie +125 [-3] over Jordan Spieth [-5] 2 down
Tommy Fleetwood +165 [+2] over Jason Day [-6] 8 down

OK "Jazz Jane"!!! shoots a 3rd round [-4] for tourney [-10] while Lucas Herbert "blows up" with a [+4] for [-6] which was a 3rd round CUT. for once a pleasant surprise :)

J Day will be a large wager in his matchup tomorrow for me regardless of who it is

Kira is attractive but Miss America? Guess I have a different approach (which has left me single)

Can't believe they're not showing Choi play the last couple of holes. The dude is entertaining. Instead they kiss Jimmy Dunne's ass.

well I'll be swizzled. Paul Casey the leader [-5] for [-15] by three shots over Phil Mickelson [-2] for [-12] after the 3rd round. then four "cats & dogs" players either [-11] or [-10]

got lucky with my "Dis"-Grace match play as Adam Scott a CUT after the 3rd round. two more "wicked close" then "Cocker Tommy" Fleetwood a blowout vs Day. "GET a HAIRCUT and GET a REAL JOB" Tommy you Cocker Spaniel looking mother fucker!!! :mad:

Branden Grace +120 [-1] for [-8] over Adam Scott [-1] for [-2] CUT WIN +6
Matt Kuchar +125 [-2] for [-5] over Tony Finau [-2] for [-3] 2 UP
Chez Reavie +125 [-1] for [-6] over Jordan Spieth [+2] for [-7] 1 DOWN
Tommy Fleetwood +165 [-1] for [-3] over Jason Day [even] for [-9] 6 DOWN

Hokey Smoke!!! CRAZY finish at the Handa Vic Open!!! Scottish rookie David Law EAGLES #18 to shoot [-5] on the back nine for [-6] on the day and [-18] for the tourney. he was tied in the clubhouse with Australian journeyman Wade Ormsby BUT his eagle to tie must have rattled Ormsby because he DOUBLES the par 3 #17 to go two shots down then MISSED his Eagle putt on #18 to tie. finishes tied 2nd with [-2] for tourney [-17] with fellow Aussie Brad Kennedy who shot a final [-5], keep an eye out for young South African Justin Harding who get solo 4th with a [-4] for [-16]. it is his 2nd solo 4th in his last five tourneys and he also tied 7th at the DDC [-15] and tied 11th last week in Saudi Arabia [-10]

GOOD thing that "Jazz Jane" got a CUT win in his match play because HE finished the tourney [+3] for [-7] tied 27th :confused:

the Euro Tour moves to the west coast of Australia next week for the rather weird Handa World "Super Six" in Perth where first three rounds are stroke play THEN the top 24 play 6 hole match plays with the top 8 stroke play scores getting a first round bye. last years winner the Thai "round mound" Kiradech Aphibarnrat:)

Back