• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

South African Open

LeRinkRat

South African Open December 6th thru 9th
Randpark GC, Johannesburg, South Africa

last year at Glendower GC, Gauteng, South Africa
winner - Chris Paisley [-21]
solo 2nd - Branden Grace [-18]
solo 3rd - JC Ritchie [-16] (NOT listed)
tied 4th- Jacques Blaauw, Jacques Kruyswijk & Scott Vincent [-14]

favorites: Louis Oosthuizen 7-1. Branden Grace 12-1. Matt Wallace 12-1. Dylan Frittelli 14-1. Charl Schwartzel and Dean Burmester 20-1

my "cats & dogs" (bet/return)
Justin Harding 30-1 (17/527) solo 4th Mauritius Open [-17] tied lead 3rd round. #1 Sunhine Tour order of Merit. 2 wins on Sunshine and 2 wins in Asia this season
Kurt Kitayama 40-1 (12.50/512.50) WIN Mauritius Open [-20} in just his third tourney since Euro Tour Q school
Matthieu Pavon 50-1 (10/510) T-2nd Mauritius Open [-18]
Brandon Stone 50-1 (10/510) WIN Scottish Open [-20] with final round [-10] WON this tourney 2016 at Glendower GC [-16]
Jacques Kruyswijk 100-1 (5/505) T-4th this tourney last season [-14]
Dimitrios Papadatos 100-1 (5/505) solo 2nd Australian Open [-11] T-19th Australian PGA [-3]
Ross McGowan 125-1 (4/504) T-3rd Australian PGA [-11] with final round [-9]
Kim Koivu 125-1 (4/504) T-9th Hong Kong [-8] T-7th Portugal Masters [-15] three Challenge Tour wins 2018 season to get his Euro Tour players card
Jacques Blaauw 125-1 (4/504) T-4th this tourney last season [-14] also T-13th Tshwane Open in South Africa [-8]
Austin Connelly 200-1 (2.50/502.50) T-11th KLM [-10]
Chase Koepka 300-1 (2/602) T-7th [-13] this tourney last season

waiting for tourney match plays to be listed :shake:

Brandon Stone.... About only one I have a clue on.

my "GOOD UNLV BOY" Kurt Kitayama was UNREAL last week in Mauritius. final round it LOOKED like he might BLOW it with a three put bogie on #16 to let Matthieu Pavon get within one shot BUT came right back with a birdie on the dangerous par 3 #17 to close the deal just needing par on the par 5 #18. he only had one double and three bogies over 72 holes to go with 23 birdies and one eagle (the par 5 #4 final round)

South African Justin Harding has been an "under the radar" player the whole season playing mostly on the South African Sunshine Tour and Asian Tour where he has been excellent with two wins on each

the Englishman Ross McGowan impressive with that final round [-9] for tourney [-11] tied 3rd last week in Australia

I am disappointed NO "to win" odds on my new "pet Indian" Chikkarangappa S who got tied 2nd last week in Mauritius with a bogie free final [-5] for tourney [-18] tied 2nd with Pavon :(

Last edited:
three tourney match plays plus a parlay of high finish players last week at Mauritius Open (bet/return)

Thomas Aiken even over George Coetzee (50/100)
Dean Burmester -105 over Charl Schwartzel (53/103.40)
Matt Wallace +135 over Louis Oosthuizen (40/94)

parlay (20/116.80)
Kurt Kitayama -125 over Darren Fichardt
Justin Harding -120 over Sean Crocker
Matthieu Pavon -130 over Pablo Larrazabal

:shake:

well "Hello Kitty!!!" first round leader Louis Oosthuizen with a perfect nine birdie NO bogies [-9] BUT my UNLV boy and last weeks winner @ the Mauritius Open Kurt Kitayama tied 2nd with a one eagle 6 birdie [-8] with Zambian golfer Madalitso Muthiya (OWGR #1330) who has won once on the Sunshine Tour in 2016. South African Zander Lombard (OWGR #408) solo 4th with a [-7] followed by three tied 5th [-6] including Matt Wallace

decent start to my tourney match plays except for Oosthuizen going NUTS!!
Thomas Aiken even [-4] over George Coetzee [even] 4 up
Dean Burmester -105 [-4] over Charl Schwartzel [-4] TIED
Matt Wallace +135 [-6] over Louis Oosthuizen [-9] 3 down
Kurt Kitayama -125 [-8] over Darren Fichardt [+1] 9 up
Justin Harding -120 [-2] over Sean Crocker [even] 2 up
Matthieu Pavon -130 [even] over Pablo Larrazabal [even] TIED

well 2nd round the wind went UP and the scores went UP except for Charl Schwartzel who shot a [-8] for tourney [-12] and a one shot lead over the Zambian Madalitso Muthiya with a [-3] for [-11] and two shots over Louis Oosthuozen [-1] Zander Lombard [-3] and my boy Kurt Kikayama [-2] for [-10]

got the GOOD, the BAD and the UGLY in my tourney match plays. Aiken WINS on a Coetzee CUT BUT Burmester a CUT loser to Schwartzel and Wallace still two back of Oosthuizen in straight bets. got LUCKY with the parlay as those three were ugly WINNERS on CUTS

Thomas Aiken even [-3] for [-7] over George Coetzee [+2] for [+2] CUT WIN 9 up
Dean Burmester -105 [+4] for [even] CUT over Charl Schwartzel [-8] for [-12] LOSE 8 down
Matt Wallace +135 [-2] for [-8] over Louis Oosthuizen [-1] for [-10] 2 down
Kurt Kitayama -125 [-2] for [-10] over Darren Fichardt [-2] for [-1] CUT WIN 9 up
Justin Harding -120 [+1] for [-1] CUT over Sean Crocker [+1] for [+1] CUT WIN 2 up
Matthieu Pavon -130 [even] for [even] CUT over Pablo Larrazabal [+1] for [+1] CUT WIN 1 up

well after the 3rd round you can just give the tourney to Louis Oosthuizen. in the howling, swirling winds Saturday he shoots [-4] for tourney [-14] and a three shot lead over Charl Schwartzel [+1], Matt Wallace [-3] and the Zambian Madalitso Muthiya [even] for [-11]. Oosthuizen did NOT play that well tee to green BUT he was draining 12 to 15 foot putts like they were 2 foot "gimmes". AND was "Goodby Kitty" for my boy Kurt Kitayama with a four bogie one birdie [+3] for tourney [-7] probably blowing his chance for a top three finish and British Open invite. more wind and maybe late storms forecast for Sunday :mad:

well as predicted Louis Oosthuizen with a final round [-4] for tourney [-18] the six shot winner over French golfer Romain Langasque [-5] for tourney [-12] who lost his Euro Tour players card last season and just went back thru Q school. Louis started off badly with bogies on #4 & #3 BUT then went on a tear with an eagle and 5 birdies before a bogie on the par 3 #17. THEN four more tied 3rd at [-10]. felt bad for the 35 year old Zambian Madalitso Muthiya who finished [+2] for [-9]. would have like to see him qualify for the British Open with a top three finish. qualifiers should be Langasque, Charl Schwartzle and Englishman Oliver Wilson who "aces out" South African Thomas Aiken on his #273 to #294 OWGR :(

my boy Kurt Kitayama finished with a [-1] for tourney [-8]. HOW the HELL "Kitty" can shoot a 1st round one eagle 6 birdie [-8] on the Firethorn course and THEN shoot a net [+2] the final two rounds on the same course is beyond me. OH AND Matt Wallace "sprayed like a tomcat" and ended up [+3] for [-8] TEN behind Oosthuizen to make me 2-2 on tourney match plays for the week :mad:

next stop the Alfred Dunhill Championship @ Leopard Creek CC, Malelane, South Africa
South African Brandon Stone was the last winner in 2016 [-22].fellow South African Charl SChwartzel the winner in 2015 [-15]

Last edited:
Back