• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

What have we learned after two weeks of CFB?

Outside of Columbus, the B1G may be the most overhyped and overrated conference (going into the season) in the last 30 years of college football.

Once again, because it's brought up every time it happens.
Fumbling out of the end zone, awards a team that did not recover said fumble, the ball plus 25 yds.
Refs , like govt, fuck up everything they touch.

We have to wait for a guy to run all the way to the end zone with a ball, because the refs don't want to whistle the play dead. Because, you know, there's that whole "we can't fuck it up more if the play was whistled dead" thing.

Flags, Flags, ****, Flags, Flags

Bama’s winning this whole thing with ease

Oklahoma UGA Mississippi State and OSU have all looked very impressive

Michigan manhandled a shitty team in ways it ever did last year which could be a promising sign

Stanford and USC both stink, and David Shaw is one of the worst in game strategists I’ve ever seen

Gonna have a few very flat spots for teams 2-0 aye facing winless teams ats next week

At the risk of being a homer, OSU's offense is as good as I ever remember....only two game stretch that is even comparable is 1996 (Rice 70-7 and Pitt 72-0...they went @ Notre Dame the next week and won by 13). One of the things that is scary about them is that they really don't have anyone you can key on....Webber and Dobbins split the load, and they have been a half dozen WRs who are interchangeable. Maybe Parris Campbell stands out a little bit.

More homer talk: I haven't see Clemson play really and I know they have a great defensive line, but Ohio State's defensive line is the best I've seen this year. Bosa is unblockable one-on-one, I expect Patterson to chip him or run a unbalanced line to his side....some kind of adjustment.
I think you have to wonder is Nick Bosa better than Joey Bosa?
You got Chase Young on the other side who is a monster in his own right, and you got Landers and Jones up the middle....its just a nightmare for teams to block. How many QBs is OSU going to knock out this year? I'm gonna say O/U of 3.5.

Other than @ Penn State at night, I can't see the Buckeyes losing to anyone this year. I think they will have to play poorly to lose to Penn State unless the OL for PSU is way better than I think they are...

Last edited:
Incredible in hindsight to think Bama has won all these titles with stiffs at QB. Now they have a great one and it's very hard to see them losing. Feel the Bama WRs don't get enough credit either. They are one of the best groups in the country.

UGA talent at skill also off the charts.

Scott Frost was terrible yesterday and gave away a game they should have won by a lot.

Same for Mike Norvell at Memphis.

Iowa's DL may be the best they've had.

App St QB went 14/14 passing for 295 yards and 3 TD...the week after looking very impressive vs Penn St. Kid may be for real.

About as big of a sandwich as you'll ever see for A&M next week. Every tom, dick and harry already talking about Bama. ULM can score. Watch out.

JT Daniels has looked horrible in both games.

Everything we expected from Herm has been thrown in our faces. Team look well prepared and has good in-game coaching. They abandoned the run quickly last night. If Wilkins wasn't so bad past 10 yards they would have hammered MSU. Wide open WR all night

this is the worst SC offense ive seen in a very long time. they're doing this daniels kid a major disservice for playing him this early. he's not ready.

Everyone said 0U could beat some pro teams, just a few years ago. And lost the conf championship.
Like bama, got in anyway.

Spartans got way too much love. After all, this is a team that got rocked by Notre Dame and Ohio State badly, producing under 20 points in each game. They got a few lucky wins in bad weather, catching Penn State off a super bowl loss. The offense is rather pedestrian which is still hard for me to comprehend because it often looks so easy for them to move down the field and with the big-play ability at receiver (Davis), running back (Scott) and quarterback (Lewerke). The linebackers suck at pass coverage but we knew that from last year as well and Utah State showed it especially in the opener.

Duke #17 was best QB I saw.
Very fortunate with My Colorado bet, which included 50% on the ML
Virginia Cavs hit it right with his column on Notre dame-Ball state. I thought Ball looked pretty good and feel a little better about fading them in week one.
Army QBs - I think there were two of them - are very very quick.

Takeaways

UNC - Hard to have a team take away given suspensions but they will struggle to score in conference if Elliott is the guy at the helm. My lord.

Purdue - Hard to find bowl eligibility on their schedule now. The two QB thing just doesn't work. Either alternate games with them or pick one.

TOSU - 30 of 33 passing against an above average defense. Team is going to be sick when the back end starts playing like they are capable of. I can back them, but I simply won't fade them. And they are playing angry and hungry on offense.

Miss St - Check out the box score with Kstate in a road game ooc against a decent club .... that is domination. They tackle, they cover, they block, they run, they get open, the QB is good ... this is a well rounded team. Impressive game.

Arkansas - I guess Chad Morris was still not ready for prime time. 4th and 1 at midfield up ten in the fourth with your defense gassed from altitude and playing against a rush defense that couldn't stop me with BAR, HUNT, SCARF, TAKEIT, and GIVEIT blocking for me. He gave the game away. Colorado State in a tough spot because they should go hurry up as that is what succeeds for them offensively but their defense is so bad you could be out of the game by halftime if the offense is not clicking. I went back to 2002 and this is only the second ridiculous loss the program has had ... overtime to ULM in 2012. Good job Chad.

Alabama - Everyone can see what is going on there. I am actually looking forward to Ohio State vs Bama title game if Bama gets by uga two weeks in a row.

Iowa - should start seeing the old 42.5 totals on their games now

Terps - Just want to mention their heart. Team has a tough offseason losing a friend and win at home as huge dogs and then yesterday when faced with a challenge at halftime against the MAC school they responded in a way that UTAH and Purdue couldn't.

Cal - Defense is shutdown. They have a great CB and it allows them to over commit and be very aggressive against teams without depth at WR. They dominated BYU in that game on defense. I think the score was misleading. Cal should have won by more. They had to dodge another onside kick like they did against UNC. I think this is important to mention because the CAL defense dominated both games but gave up late scores in both games. I think maybe they tired a little against UNC and maybe altitude got them against BYU. But it will be important for the offense to do more in conference because not every offense will be as bad as BYU or UNC. After watching Houston/Arizona, I realized BYU looking good on offense week 1 had much more to do with Arizona than BYU.

UGA is so deep on the OL, RB, QB, WR,TE it really isn't fair. Hardman and Robertson are probably the 2 fastest guys in the SEC, and maybe in the country.

Will come down to them vs Bama and ultimately Saban vs. Kirby. Having the kicking edge will come into play at some point.

buffalo/ temple score was so deceiving. boxscore doesn't really tell the story either. temple qb nutile is bad. they brought in the backup he faired no better. i suspect a tough year

Kevin Sumlin showed why he was run out of town at Texas A & M. Pedestrian play calling in the fourth quarter when Arizona could have gotten within two touchdowns and then "giving up" by punting with 5 minutes left in the game on a 4th and makeable play. Why the hell would a coach not go for it on a fourth down when you need three TD's to win. Arizona just seems to hire stiffs year after year as their head coach.

Kevin Sumlin showed why he was run out of town at Texas A & M. Pedestrian play calling in the fourth quarter when Arizona could have gotten within two touchdowns and then "giving up" by punting with 5 minutes left in the game on a 4th and makeable play. Why the hell would a coach not go for it on a fourth down when you need three TD's to win. Arizona just seems to hire stiffs year after year as their head coach.

Coaches do this a lot to make scores more respectable.

Coaches do this a lot to make scores more respectable.
Whether that is the reason they do it or not, it is unacceptable. As Herm Edwards once said, "you play to win the game!" not to make scores respectable. I don't want a coach who only wants to make things look more respectable (unless of course they are covering a spread. :) }

Whether that is the reason they do it or not, it is unacceptable. As Herm Edwards once said, "you play to win the game!" not to make scores respectable. I don't want a coach who only wants to make things look more respectable (unless of course they are covering a spread. :) }
I agree and it makes me so mad but coaches do that.

Spartans got way too much love. After all, this is a team that got rocked by Notre Dame and Ohio State badly, producing under 20 points in each game. They got a few lucky wins in bad weather, catching Penn State off a super bowl loss. The offense is rather pedestrian which is still hard for me to comprehend because it often looks so easy for them to move down the field and with the big-play ability at receiver (Davis), running back (Scott) and quarterback (Lewerke). The linebackers suck at pass coverage but we knew that from last year as well and Utah State showed it especially in the opener.

MSU was really mashing ASU on the ground early in the first half. And then they seemed to forget about the run game from that point on...it was a very confusing game to watch.

Shades of Shane Lechler

PUNTING NO YDS AVG LONG

Braden Mann 5 275 55.0 73
Total 5 275 55.0

Hawaii - just blindly bet the over anything under 70. They could start 5-0 :eek:

Pitt will always be Pitt, they have zero passing game.

Duke #17 was best QB I saw.
Very fortunate with My Colorado bet, which included 50% on the ML
Virginia Cavs hit it right with his column on Notre dame-Ball state. I thought Ball looked pretty good and feel a little better about fading them in week one.
Army QBs - I think there were two of them - are very very quick.

Duke QB Daniel Jones is out with a broken collarbone.

He's been absolutely awful through 2 games.

8Nf5CPz.jpg

Geoff Collins heard it was going to rain I guess.

Back