• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Hulu's CFL 2018

Sherman looking slightly fired up coming out from the locker room. Maybe they do put forth an effort here.

Yeah would be an autobet for me too but only if the home team has shown something. But this game is reminiscent of the cats 60-1 loss at Calgary last year. Just looks like their back is broken.

You called that

Really feel like Edmonton will show some more in the second half. At -5.5 its basically a 10 point middle opportunity.

Nah can't do it. Both bets on this game are trending well so why risk a 2-0 night with an ill-advised halftime play.

Oskee Wee Wee!

Ya I ended up with a little more action in the game I was less confident in than the game I was more confident in. To be fair, I play halftimes and they treat me good.

Barring the incredible we should be safe with Hamilton now.

See ya at the next game HULU. Sorry I always turn your thread into an ingame

Ya I ended up with a little more action in the game I was less confident in than the game I was more confident in. To be fair, I play halftimes and they treat me good.

Barring the incredible we should be safe with Hamilton now.

See ya at the next game HULU. Sorry I always turn your thread into an ingame

No worries man. I love the chit chat. Makes us all better bettors.

I’m liking cgy to put the boots to Ricky Ray.

Is there a q.b playing anywhere with a weaker arm than ray.

His arm strength is extremely lacking.

I can barely see him throwing 15 yards downfield.

In the grey cup match last year ray basically completed nothing.

Results after Week 2

Sides 3-2 +0.92*
Totals 2-0 +2.00*
2H plays 2-0 +1.00*
Teaser/Parlay 1-0 +0.50*

Overall 8-2 +4.42*

Anopther 4-1 week with some profit. Can't complain.

Two things you can never argue with!

Crazy woman and PROFIT !!

1* Hamilton -4.5 -106

Write up later

Both good teams. Is it me or does Masoli seem to be a much better qb on the road? He seems to be very effective on the road and seems to play worse at home I’ve noticed in the past.

Winnipeg new qb is very effective due to defenses not having any film on him.
I have never seen a clinic like he put on vs the Alouettes.

Lapokice rolled him out of the pocket and Montreal has no answers and were unprepared for that.

The qb is fast 4.5 40 and has a very strong arm. It feels like we are watching Casey printers again.

If he performs against Hamilton and does well I think we would be seeing the next printers.

Hamilton defense is good though. Lots to like in the secondary and linebackers are great. Granville coaching I like.

I’ve scouted all the QBs in the cfl for the past 20 years. From what I have seen this Winnipeg qb is amongst the best I have seen in the cfl.

His numbers don’t lie. No film on him. If you are big fast and smart with a good arm you will not need stopped in the cfl imo.

Now that scares me. Your thoughts?

I was living in bc for many years.

One truth.

Wally buono has been absolutely terrible vs any new school coach. 2 coaches in particular completely out coach him.

Dave Dickerson and Jason Maas.

Wally Buono does not wear a headset or look at film. He just feels that if you dominate your man you should win.
Vs smarter coaches they find all the huge weaknesses and dominate bc.

Edmonton though is injured and I’m not liking all injuries to receivers and linebackers.

Lots of former Eskimos on the lions at this point.

Tough game to predict. Both teams are a bit overrated.
Usually Edmonton beats bc because bc coaching is basically incompetent.

Ottawa +7.5.

Seems like a lot of points for the best team in the east.

Solid offense and defensively they are for real.

Cgy coming off the big blowout. I see Ottawa staying close

Heading to airport but will try to formulate them coherently in the next day or two for ya

Appreciate it. For me, I see 2 defenses that are sub-par at present. BC because of major personnel changes and Edmonton due to changes and injuries. Jennings (a dome QB) playing outdoors does scare me a bit but I think they can get over 24 here and I think Reilly and co easily make up the rest.

Ottawa +7.5.

Seems like a lot of points for the best team in the east.

Solid offense and defensively they are for real.

Cgy coming off the big blowout. I see Ottawa staying close

And Calgary looked a bit off in game 1 vs Hamilton. I believe they were 1-6 in the red zone or something crazy like that. They're just so damn good at home though.

And Calgary looked a bit off in game 1 vs Hamilton. I believe they were 1-6 in the red zone or something crazy like that. They're just so damn good at home though.

Game could be tied end of third and then cgy could just win by 10 easy

Both good teams. Is it me or does Masoli seem to be a much better qb on the road? He seems to be very effective on the road and seems to play worse at home I’ve noticed in the past.

Its true about Masoli. He has a much better record on the road as a starter than at home. In 12 games with June Jones as head man, the cats have won 7. 5 on the road and only 2 at home. I feel like that is a trend that will eventually reverse though and I think it starts this year.

Thoughts on Hamilton -4.5...

Yeah ok Streveler has been good. I thought he would come in like so many before him and be humbled by game 2. But his skill set has proven to be well adapted to the CFL game and while he hasn't played flawlessly, he's looked pretty capable. The 2 bets I've lost so far this season have been attempting to fade him and yet here I go again.

I feel like the 2 defenses he's faced (Edmonton and Montreal) have been way worse than expected, especially the ALs who basically rolled over for him last week. Jerry Glanville is winning me over with his defensive scheme and I think with the talent he has, he can give Streveler problems that he hasn't seen before. This will be a more capable secondary, linebacking corps and defensive line than he has faced either of the first 2 games and he will likely do it without RG Patrick Neufeld who is probably going to be out. Add in the scheduling that this is their 2nd straight road game and they got a road win in their first, making this a natural letdown spot.
On the other side of the ball, Masoli's time looks like it may finally have arrived. He looked very good in both his starts and only managed 1 catastrophic mistake, a late game pick vs Calgary. With his combination of of skills, I think he can keep the defence guessing all night. Winnipeg will be without Anthony Gaitor in the secondary which will hurt as they lack some depth there.

Also Anthony gaitir absence will hurt. He himself isn’t the greatest db so with him out depth will be tested.

I agree with Streveler. He likely played the two worst defenses in the league.
Als quit in that game and Edmonton is very injured and also lots of new guys.

The back to back road games could be tough on peg.

Hammy is a capable defense. They should present more problems for strekever.

0.5* Ottawa +7.5 -108

Was on the fence about this one but I like the number and see it heading down to 7 at many shops so getting a half unit down now.

Also considering the under FG or 1H in this one.

Adding another half unit on Hamilton at -3.5. The more I look into this game, the more I like what I see.

Complete card for week 3 as of now...

1*/0.5* Hamilton -4.5/-3.5 -106/-108
1* BC/EDM over 53.5 -108
0.5* Ottawa +7.5 -108

One thing I’ll be watching as the season unfolds is the wind in Hamilton. Their new stadium is mostly open on both ends leading to a sort of wind tunnel effect which has been noticeable at times over the past few seasons. This year a 3 story building is being constructed at the north end which will block off a good portion of that end of the field. It will be interesting to see if that affects things. Lirim Hajrallahu made mention of it in camp and kickers tend to be the most sensitive to changes in wind patterns.

Glad to see there's more followers of the Canadian bacon league.

Here's a pretty useful site I found, that I thought I'd share. If you guys have any other good links to useful info, I would love to see it.

http://scores.suntimes.com/sports-scores/canadian-football-scores-matchups.aspx

:shake:

Thanks inzane. It is good to see we have a decent little CFL discussion group going on. And I never thought I'd see a CFL in-game at all much less one that's gone 15 pages or so. Its been a fun year so far

Last few nights have been fun.

Being a CFL fan is like having a thing for fat chicks. You don't want to admit to your friends that you're into the big jiggly asses and thighs (3 downs and the rouge) but once its out in the open, you find out they do too and then you can all talk about it.

Being a CFL fan is like having a thing for fat chicks. You don't want to admit to your friends that you're into the big jiggly asses and thighs (3 downs and the rouge) but once its out in the open, you find out they do too and then you can all talk about it.
Early Post of the year candidate right there, Hulu.

Been a great little accessory to getting into the football mood. Glad folks are enjoying.

Agreed, I just wish it would get more TV time. I've got Dish and I never see a game on the air.

So are there any other decent sites that you guys use to help you cap these games?

Agreed, I just wish it would get more TV time. I've got Dish and I never see a game on the air.

So are there any other decent sites that you guys use to help you cap these games?

To me the best thing about capping the CFL is the lack of news sources. In the niffel every transaction and item is discussed and discussed ad nauseum all week. Any injury, no matter how minor, is immediately known to the whole world. In the CFL a lot of stuff passes under the radar if you aren't specifically looking for it so you can still get an edge on the market by working harder.

3downnation.com is a decent news site even if it is a bit tabloid-ish at times. Otherwise, I follow a bunch of beat reporters from each team on twitter. Those guys share a lot of info that never makes it into actual stories. There is also a good twitter account called CFLnews that retweets anything and everything CFL.

InZane, I go on twitter and find the beatwriters tweets...often they have articles with solid info from the week

I wonder if we see Vernon Adams Jr today at all. I know he just arrived this week but he's easily a better second option that Jeff Mathews and then you're one hit away. They have to be thinking he is going to be their eventual starter this year.

You rollin' with anything tonight Hulu?

That fukkin' site I touted yesterday doesn't have the matchup and preview info I rely on posted yet.

I was leaning under and saw it went from 46 down to 45. Still think it be worth a shot...

Last edited:
Results after Week 3

Sides 4-3 +1.88*
Totals 6-0 +5.00*
2H plays 2-0 +1.00*
Teaser/Parlay 1-0 +0.50*

Overall 13-3 +8.38*

5-1 this week. Consistent anyway.

Any status update on Willy for Montreal? Ottawa opened at 6 and with no Willy there could be some huge value there too. Cannot trust Edmonton on the road laying points just yet until I see about how they're healing up on D. Winnipeg -3.5 right now is way too low for how bad BC is IMO and how they only looked bad because Ham is for real...not because they're bad.

Back