• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

McDaniels Spurns Indy, Stays with Pats

I'm with a prominent NE sports guy right now and (like many) says this is directly tied to BB. But Kraft apparently is paying him a lot more to stay for the time being

I'm with a prominent NE sports guy right now and (like many) says this is directly tied to BB. But Kraft apparently is paying him a lot more to stay for the time being

McDaniels is no dummy.

Indy isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

Super bowl 2019. February is already set.

NFC Representative to be determined

AFC Representative - NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

With the return of Darnell Hightower a top 5 linebacker and Julio Edelman ( best route runner in nfl history and most competitive in nfl history) with or without the Gronk the pats are already in the final.

If they can maintain a decent defense they will always win the super bowl as long as #12 BRADY Kasparov is the qb.

McDaniels is absolutely the next coach of the Patriots. I'd guess within a couple years if not sooner.

Never thought of this. It’s Tuesday night conspiracy mode for me bro. I’m too busy dreaming up conspiracies.

But yeah he may be told he’s the next coach. It also makes sense with Kraft probably ready to start the

New jimmy Johnson jerry Jones saga.

Belly’s days could be numbered.

P unit. Thoughts on McDaniel being the coach next season???

Bellichek leaves to giants?

You don't pass up a HC job without a guarantee you will be the next coach. Regardless of the situation, he agreed to the deal with Indy. Kraft "made him an offer he can't refuse."

Also hearing that Luck”s shoulder isn’t right and he may need another surgery. The pats offensive coordinator job is probably better then Indy HC with no Luck

If that's true I prefer Brissett and the GM in Indy to Hoyer and sounds very much like Gronk may retire...I don't see the upside in NE if the dumpster fire gets ignited

McDaniels is no dummy.

Indy isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

Super bowl 2019. February is already set.

NFC Representative to be determined

AFC Representative - NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

With the return of Darnell Hightower a top 5 linebacker and Julio Edelman ( best route runner in nfl history and most competitive in nfl history) with or without the Gronk the pats are already in the final.

If they can maintain a decent defense they will always win the super bowl as long as #12 BRADY Kasparov is the qb.

You said the AFC was up for grabs yesterday and the Eagles weren't he next NFC dynasty?

If that's true I prefer Brissett and the GM in Indy to Hoyer and sounds very much like Gronk may retire...I don't see the upside in NE if the dumpster fire gets ignited

Don't see it, he was asked a question after a super bowl loss

Fam doesn't want him to play again and he has a career as....Gronk. But never sure where his brain is.

Ya but if it's just the one thing after the game, when he's at his lowest I doubt he gave it much thought

He's had too many back injuries and knee injuries to go much longer, but if be surprised if he doesn't finish out at least Brady's career

I don't see the benefit of this for Joshy wishy washy

By the time he gets the pats job Brady is likely gone, Gronk too. Theirs no qb in waiting either

NFL owners hate looking dumb too, it's going to be real tough for him to every work for another organization

Sammy - I can't believe you haven't talked about a conspiracy theory involving Joshy / Patriots / Broncos.

There was a 3 way elimination poker game with Bellichek and Elway and Carrol 6 years ago.
Carrol fell asleep at midnight and was eliminated early on.

Bellichek and Elway battled hard, and it came down to a very large pot and Bellichek ran out of chips. Elway being a deal Maker said ok Bill I’ll let you play this hand but if you lose you have to take McDaniels from us and keep him for life!
Bellichek desperate thinking he has Elway beat in the poker hand makes the bet. Elway has a royal flush and wins. The game is over and Bellichek lost abd now must keep McDaniels for life.

This is why McDaniels is still on the pats, it all started with a poker game.

Ballard, for there to be a rivalry, your team first needs to get above .500 and not have the putrid numbers you have against the team you call your rival .....until then, there is no rivalry, when you are deemed irrelevant
New England has won the last seven matchups by a combined scored of 285-152

the only winner in this are the Pats, they kept the guy they wanted.
they needed stability right now, right or wrong case can be made later....cause the only long term guy Robert has on this team is Josh....not Bill, TB, Gronk or anyone

Indy still looks like ass (not hard when Irsay is your owner) they are now left with scraps for coaching selections and Josh will be a leper for the foreseeable future for coaching gigs

Last edited:
McD is the biggest DB in the history of DB's. I lived in CO when the Broncos hired him and I wanted to punch him in the face just after his first presser. I've been off the grid since last Tues and just heard this yesterday, not a good way to do business. He better hope the NE thing works out like he expects because nobody else will be calling.

McD is the biggest DB in the history of DB's. I lived in CO when the Broncos hired him and I wanted to punch him in the face just after his first presser. I've been off the grid since last Tues and just heard this yesterday, not a good way to do business. He better hope the NE thing works out like he expects because nobody else will be calling.

The Colts lucked out getting Reich instead of this punk.

By the time he gets the pats job Brady is likely gone, Gronk too. Theirs no qb in waiting either

NFL owners hate looking dumb too, it's going to be real tough for him to every work for another organization

I was going to say something just like this. So yeah, hell get to take over the Pats but the Pats don't have much longer left in this dynasty. At least in Indy he'd have a very high draft pick that he could use on his guy if Luck really isn't ever gonna play again. Even if he drafted a non QB and coached one year with Brissett and they sucked hed still be given time to pick his guy and build the franchise. I'd rather be in Indy to be honest. Of course, working for Irsay might be hell. Long term though this was a bad move.

Screwed my birds over too. They went and took Reich, which is all well and good but if they did this 2 weeks ago we could have promoted DeFillipo to OC but since it happened after all this drama, hes gone too.

I was going to say something just like this. So yeah, hell get to take over the Pats but the Pats don't have much longer left in this dynasty. At least in Indy he'd have a very high draft pick that he could use on his guy if Luck really isn't ever gonna play again. Even if he drafted a non QB and coached one year with Brissett and they sucked hed still be given time to pick his guy and build the franchise. I'd rather be in Indy to be honest. Of course, working for Irsay might be hell. Long term though this was a bad move.

Screwed my birds over too. They went and took Reich, which is all well and good but if they did this 2 weeks ago we could have promoted DeFillipo to OC but since it happened after all this drama, hes gone too.
U

Well said McDaniels is wishy washy.

I think pats are going to struggle once Edelman retires. Gronk may be out also.

Brady only needs 1 mega star to win. Gronk could be out and then when Edelman retires the franchise is in disarray.
It takes minimum 3 defenders at all times covering Edelman. He’s just too quick and smart in zones.

Gronk also takes 3 guys to stop him.

The AFC is pathetic. No team is even close to take ging the pats.

No chance. There are no competition.

Pittsburgh is not a competitor.
Jags either likely aren’t.

So I don’t see anyone stopping the pats from being in the finals from 2018-2022 at minimum.

The NFC is stronger. Much stronger. Better smarter teams and Gms. Teams are physical and improving a lot.

Tennesee and jaxonville 2 garbage franchises were the pats playoff opponents.

The jags were not a good team. They were in the afc championship because the AFC is junk.

NFC has Atlanta eagles saints rams Vikings packers Seattle Dallas .

Up and coming teams are niners—

He knows he has Krafts full support (who the fuck knows what Irsay will do), he has the front office support, the systems he would want to introduce already exist and there won't be egos preventing this, he knows the division back to front, he gets to be mentored for the next couple of seasons by one of the best ever. It may not be the best move for his reputation, but it is for his career.

And once Brady goes he is on the same position as 25 other teams - waiting for the football gods to drop a QB in their lap. A 3rd rounder who was the backup and was cut by the Rams just beat a 40yo 6th rounder in the Super Bowl. A guy who has started a handful of games and went to Eastern illinois is the highest paid QB, and is about to be surpassed by Kirk Fucking Cousins. Getting a QB is all about luck. Who replaces Brady could become either MVP or Joey Harrington, McDaniels just needs to ensure he is in the position to capitalise on who it is

Reactions: KJ
Back