• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Players Leaving/Returning/Transferring /Coaching Changes Thread

BREAKING: According to a source, Memphis has signed graduate transfer quarterback Brady White. Mike Norvell recruited him to Arizona State. Was the 68th overall player in the class of 2015.

On the Clemson guys, my guess is that the NFL Draft advisory board had a different opinion than Mel Kiper Jr

Washington State QB Hilinski apparently killed himself.

Thoughts and prayers to his family. Sad news.

What this is awful and I'll be the first to give zero platform to suicide but what the fuck

Alabama expected to hire Josh Gattis, was Penn St passing game coordinator and WR coach. Supposed to be a great recruiter too. I don't know much about him, but on the surface this seems like a good hire

How on earth do you get all those first rounders on the DL to stay? Really weird.

NFL scouts told them they weren't first-rounders, for one thing.

Last edited:
Guess I'll put this here. Francois being investigated for domestic abuse after body slamming girlfriend for talking to another dude. She claims he kicked her bedroom door in and slammed her on her head, causing a gash.

Alabama adding Dan Enos as QB coach. Saban putting together a pretty sporty offensive staff

If somebody could post Phil Steele's returning starters breakdown whenever it becomes available that would be appreciated. Not sure if it will be on the free part of the site or not.

Texas and Oklahoma both got valuable grad transfer linemen.

Texas got Calvin Anderson a starter at OL for Rice, Probably the best grad transfer since they put in the transfer rule. More big time schools were after him than any grad transfer so far.

Rice is one of the best academic schools in the country and Anderson, by all accounts, is brilliant as well as an excellent player. Also, without a doubt, the best college football player at solving Rubik's Cube. He can do it in seconds and can even do it behind his back in a minute or so. Take a look at him on this video:

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/02/01/calvin-anderson-rice-transfer-texas-michigan-auburn

Oklahoma got Jay Hayes, a DL from Notre Dame who will be a starter for them the day he arrives.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...me-fighting-irish-graduate-transfer-jay-hayes

Turns out Hayes changed his mind and will now transfer to Georgia rather than Oklahoma.

Makes sense to me. If I were a guy with one year left to try and impress the NFL I would choose an SEC team.

V Tech just fired their D-Coordinator. Said the reason was he is married and had an affair.

I wasn't aware schools fired coaches for having an affair, but maybe V Tech is a little more straight laced than others.

Any B1G fans have a report on Ohio State transfer QB Joe Burrow, or what happened in that position battle? Apparently LSU is a possible landing spot.

Any B1G fans have a report on Ohio State transfer QB Joe Burrow, or what happened in that position battle? Apparently LSU is a possible landing spot.

Burrow was likely the #2 last August until he broke a bone in his hand. That set him back about 4 weeks and Haskins became the first guy off the bench when they sat JT. Neither guy really separated himself from the other until the the Michigan game. Haskins performance in that game, in basically his only non-mop-up action as a Buckeye, made it pretty hard for Burrow to unseat him this spring.

In the spring game, Burrow looked very good and probably out-performed Haskins that afternoon. But there were whispers that Burrow wasn't all that well-liked by the rest of the team. I didn't put a lot of stock into that, but it clearly looked like Dwayne Haskins' team that afternoon. Multiple different camera shots of Burrow early on showed him sitting by himself on the bench....no one else around. Haskins, OTOH, looked like a rock star on the sidelines with the attention he was getting. Maybe I am reading too much into that, but when the team sang Carman Ohio to the student section after the game, it was Haskins first row next to Urban, and Burrow in the third row of players.

I thought Haskins seemed star-struck on the sidelines at times in 2017 having fun after Buckeye scores...I wondered if he was just enjoying the ride and questioned whether or not Haskins could fill the leadership void with JT moving on. But Haskins was all business in the spring game post-game presser. No smiles...and was at ease with the media. The coaches have obviously worked on this with Haskins, and he seems to be taking the bull by the horns.

So again, it looked like Dwayne Haskins team to me.

Burrow was actually the better runner of the two (stereotyped be damned) and probably the more accurate passer. But Haskins has a canon and we haven't seen a guy with an arm like his in Columbus from since Troy Smith 12 years ago. His floor might be lower than Burrow's, but his ceiling is no-doubt higher. I thought the Buckeyes were in trouble when Haskins came into the UM game mid third quarter with OSU down 7. I was more than pleasantly surprised with Haskins. Two huge plays that turned that game, one with Haskins arm and the other with his legs, and this is a kid who accumulated negative net yards running his last season in high school....that's not his thing.

I don't know how you couldn't give Haskins the first shot this year. It will be painful if he goes down with an injury, knowing that they would have had Burrow to spell him, but Urban's kryptonite is these kind of high-profile QB battles. Not sure Urban could have handled things any worse in 2015 with Cardale, JT and Braxton. Then we saw Haskins and Burrow substituting in and out on the same drives pretty much the entire spring game. Haskins said afterward that they had done this throughout the entire spring....basically a set number of plays for Haskins, then a set number for Burrow.....on the same drive....every drive. That blows my mind. Losing the depth hurts, but one of the big chunks of Urban's kryptonite necklace was removed when this QB controversy ended yesterday.

Five-star QB Hunter Johnson has left Clemson and will transfer, probably to the Big-10, probably to Purdue or Northwestern. Will sit out and still have three years to play. Should be a perfect fit for either team.

Clemson still in great shape with plenty of talent left.

I like to see these guys transfer when it becomes clear they are going to be riding the pine. Why waste your career as a backup.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/reports-5-star-qb-hunter-johnson-leaving-clemson-151139858.html

Good for LSU... I know they were upset he didn't commit there when he visited.
Yes. The fact he had to mull it over vs going to Cincinnati. No offense there and I know he is from up that way I believe, but you want to have 2 years eligible and play a nice schedule(fuck, forget the athletes at each school) and play big boy ball this was it. I like this kid. A lot.

Kyler will still play QB for OU. He just signed his contract so is now the richest college QB in the country.

Hunter Johnson made it official and will play for Northwestern. Should be a perfect fit for that offense.

Cincinnati has gained two new starting players.

Cameron Jefferies, grad transfer from BGSU to Cincinnati - appears to have one starting CB spot for Bearcats. Started 12, played in 21 games in 2 years with BG.

Rhode Island grad transfer Dino Boyd appears to be at the starting Cincy LT spot. Boyd started 22 appeared in 28 in 4 years at RI.

Back