• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

Which would be great

Not certain where Italy think they're gonna get a couple goals from and Verratti out on Monday too...some very good pieces but not a great whole

Sweden are playing confident enough they should play for a 2nd, not just sit back and be satisfied. Italy will score on Monday, fairly certain of that

Immobile basically inconsequential and no clue why Insigne comes off the bench so late but clearly as you said this formation doesn't suit him at all it seems

Immobile basically inconsequential and no clue why Insigne comes off the bench so late but clearly as you said this formation doesn't suit him at all it seems

yep, hes isolated and Insigne has nowhere to fit

just seems like a waste, they need to lose a midfielder or go to 2 CBs and stick someone else up top, or move to 3 wide with 1 behind

otherwise they dont create

they have so much talent to do so if they wree used right too

Doubt Martinez is let go before World Cup but this is interesting, and the people calling for him to be USMNT coach...NO

Frustrated by Martinez’s tactics, De Bruyne calls out Belgium boss
By Andy EdwardsNov 12, 2017, 9:10 PM EST
Leave a comment

Based on his two-plus seasons of performances for club and country, Kevin De Bruyne has earned the right to publicly voice his and his teammates’ frustrations — the unofficial players’ spokesman, if you will.

[ MORE: Switzerland qualify for World Cup | Croatia join them ]

Thus, it would clearly behoove Belgium manager Roberto Martinez to have De Bruyne, Manchester City’s transcendent playmaker, firmly on his side a mere seven months before the 2018 World Cup. With that in mind, let’s check in on one of the trendier picks to triumph next summer, following Friday’s 3-3 friendly draw with Mexicoquotes from Goal.com:

“Mexico were just tactically better. Their system made our five defenders sit deep and we were swimming in midfield — it was five against seven.

“Look, we still put too much on our talents. As long as we don’t have a good tactical system, we will have difficulties against countries like Mexico. It’s a pity that we have not yet found a solution.

“Of course we play with a system that is in principle very defensive, but it is filled with many attacking players who want the ball.

“Then you have a bit of a problem, like against Mexico. It was a match in which we had very little possession and everyone in a system that doesn’t really fit. We now know that something must be changed against such teams.

“But, eventually. Martinez decides. I think the trainer has to find a solution so that we can avoid such situations as against Mexico in the future.”

Well, that’s not exactly ideal, but on the bright side, Martinez has proven tactically flexible extremely stubborn and rigid while manager of Everton and Wigan. There’s probably very little to validate De Bruyne’s gripes.

Fortunately for De Bruyne, Martinez and Co., the Red Devils breezed through their qualification group as one of Europe’s four unbeaten sides (alongside Germany, Spain and England), thus the current international break — along with those closer to the World Cup in March and May/June — are meant to be used for experimentation and fine-turning.

[ MORE: Southgate plans to put England through mock shootout before WC ]

Of course, said experimentation and fine-tuning must result in a handful of affirmative answers, otherwise you’ve really only managed to halt momentum and unbalance a side, which will inevitably prompt your star player to question your leadership in a public forum.

You stay you, Roberto.

Sweden prolly should have had a pen, rooting for Italy

But would also love to see Swedes and ibra come back

Can't see Ibra not coming back, they need him too, Totti used to always do this but he was taking spots away from good players, Zlatan gives them a spark

Gigi bawling on tv hard to watch

Toronto media all saying it's their fault not calling up Giovinco lol

This is after one of the guys said after he scored the free kick goal vs NYRB that Gio is best fk taker in the world haha

Biggest group of homer media innthe world fyi, it's like if johnny Utah covered the Steez

Playing not to lose is a very popular style now, doesn’t bode well for entertaining game s. How many teams are going play like Costa Rica circa 2014 in next years World Cup

Toronto media all saying it's their fault not calling up Giovinco lol

This is after one of the guys said after he scored the free kick goal vs NYRB that Gio is best fk taker in the world haha

Biggest group of homer media innthe world fyi, it's like if johnny Utah covered the Steez

Kurt Larson?

If it’s him that dude is an idiot

Saw this on twitter , should run this in USA next summer during World Cup

16-team, single elimination #WorldCupNIT

#1 ITA vs #16 IVC
#8 USA vs #9 VEN

#3 CHI vs #14 CAM
#6 PAR vs #11 SCO

#4 IRE/DEN vs #13 GRE
#5 WAL vs #12 TUR

#7 ECU vs #10 BOS
#2 NED vs #15 GHA

Curious to see if Ireland/Denmark will follow the trend of 0-0's last few days.

I think it has to change because even the matches were not open it was quite entertaining and tactically interesting, in yesterday's 1st half Italy should have had 1 penalty and Sweden two for 2 clear handballs. One of these is given we have a complete different match.

Also the neighborhood will be a lot more quieter next summer with Italy out haha

Ireland 1

I was a bit surprised to see Denmark -177 to qualify away but didn't play anything because I didn't watch the 1st match

could be a good match I'll be switching the channel with England-Brazil and Germany-France. And tennis

Denmark 3

virtually qualified as Ireland need 3 goals in 25 minutes to qualify

seems like a very good team with Eriksen they will be exciting to watch at the WC

Kurt Larson?

If it’s him that dude is an idiot

Haha he's the worst

It was their radio guy, Gareth wheeler

Was going back and forth on twitter with people and his big argument was that Gio scored one every 3.5 games this year.

Not factoring in how many he took, where they were from, the goalies in net etc.

It's such an easy group to trigger though, one guy wrote about article for Sportsnet, John malinaro, about how TFC didn't start winning cause they spent money, it was the 'hard work's of the scouting and analytics team

Someone showed the guy a spending table and TFC were way up there, he went nuts disputing it, a few Whitecaps guys I follow asked if they sent the team their ring sizes yet for if they win and got blocked

If altidores suspension doesn't get reduced they will go nuts

Even though the video that's been shown of the area outside the TFC dressing room isn'tr at all what's going on and I think that's what MLS got

Ha just looking up Larson today

He's touting all the third assists Bradley gets that the stats don't show

That guy is the biggest homer ever , he has been crying for weeks how he doesn’t think it’s fair Bradley and Jozy are the only ones getting booed by opposing fans for USMNT failure

Personally think that booing shit got to Jozy”s head. Guy mentally isn’t strong

I️ root against Toronto just to see Larson cry on twitter

Didn't realize that Arenas analyzed the USMNT game today. That is beyond tone deaf. The guy who failed to qualify the team into the WC is gonna go on TV to analyze the game?

He also apparently said Miazga and Brooks would have been his starting CB's in the World Cup. He barely played Miazga in the hex. He also said nothing is wrong with the US system...this guy is just a fucking idiot...christ...

Literally gets my blood boiling...hes made millions of dollars and obviously fucking sucks...talk about winning the lottery of life

Aussie federation spent 250k on a chartered flight equipped with state of the art recovery shit, doctors, massage therapist etc

Honduras took a flight out of LAX commercial and landed 24 hours later . Ihave to root for Honduras here

I'm tempted to play Honduras +1 / to qualify, home field advantage for the Aussies but other than that I figure both of these teams must be somewhat equals. Australia in the last round barely qualified vs Syria, this one should be close I think

Also looking forward to watch Peru vs NZ tomorrow

Aussie federation spent 250k on a chartered flight equipped with state of the art recovery shit, doctors, massage therapist etc

Honduras took a flight out of LAX commercial and landed 24 hours later . Ihave to root for Honduras here
Ha that's hilarious

I would root for them but then I remember every game Canada or the US play there and their idiot fans outside the hotels all night with fireworks

I've just been reading that Australia really dominated the 1st leg on a bad pitch... I can see why they are -275 to qualify. No play

I did watch NZ vs Peru last week, this time Peru should be able to qualify rather easily

Draw pots for the World Cup:

Pot 1: RUS, GER, BRA, POR, ARG, BEL, POL, FRA

Pot 2: ESP, PER, SUI, ENG, COL, MEX, URU, CRO

Pot 3: DEN, ISL, CRC, SWE, TUN, EGY, SEN, IRN

Pot 4: SRB, NGA, AUS, JPN, MAR, PAN, KOR, KSA

Back